Monday, May 13, 2024

Granny


 

My contribution to the war effort. Yes, it's been a while. And yes, this meme's been around a few years. I wanted to use an original, never-before-published photo...either a picture I took, or one from my private collection.

Here's the story behind this photo.

This is my grandmother, and she was quite the card.

Photo taken probably right after World War II. Her husband, my grandfather, had just come home to her and my mother from the Aleutian Islands (Adak), where he served as a US Navy SeaBee. I believe he was drafted in early 1944, and he was NOT young...maybe his mid 40's at the time. This tells me they were maybe scraping the bottom of the barrel, and that "leadership" was forcing just about anybody into the meat grinder at that point.

Grandpa Art died 10 years later. I never knew him, and I am sorry about that.

Grandmother soldiered on many more decades, remarried and widowed twice more.

She was a sweetheart and a free spirit.


Explanation of text:  https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/unbothered-moisturized-happy-in-my-lane-focused-flourishing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.