Friday, May 8, 2009

Part 7- My Fantastic Supreme 2009 Indy 500 Photo Diary Blog Type Thang: The Ghost Of Dan Gurney...or something

This is a top-secret spy photo of the Rahal/Letterman 2nd week car to allegedly be driven by Oral Servia.


It is the prettiest car at Indy this year, and if looks can make a real Indy racing machine go faster, this rig will win the Indy 500 hands down.

These facts cannot be disputed, so don’t even try it with me.

Some have been saying, on the intardwebs and elsewhere, that the paint job on this car is sacrilegious and violates all known and unknown rules of proper etiquette and procedure because it resembles Dan Gurney’s classic Eagle racing units from olden times back in 1966/1967, or something.


(Rick Johnson photo)

I don’t know too much about all that, but, just because Dan Gurney wrote the White Album, an infamous piece of subversive and real open wheel racing literature, doesn’t mean that Bob Rahal, or anyone else, can’t use one of Dan’s old paint schemes on a modern-day racing sled.

If Dan Gurney has a problem with someone using his design, he should have copy written it. Maybe.

So far, I don’t think anybody at Indy has heard a peep from Dan lately…not in a long, long time.

That’s a good thing for Bob Rahal and David Letterman, but not so good for American open wheel racing in general.

Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.