Friday, May 9, 2008

Part 19-My 2008 Magnificent Colossal Indy 500 Photo Blog Thing: Spies

Today at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway I met and discussed real Indy racing with several knowledgeable and brilliant open wheel automobile competition insiders.

These persons divulged interesting tidbits of never-before-heard Gasoline Alley gossip to me, but I will not disseminate this information to you here now, because it is never proper or prudent to make public what one is told in confidence.

One must know how to keep one's yap shut when one is deeply immersed in fast and real Indy racing. Otherwise, one gets black-balled or known as one who cannot be trusted. Then, real Indy racing crews and insiders will not speak to you and they will snarl and hiss whenever you are in their presence.

Therefore, please do not ask me what kind of insider scoop I know. I will not tell you, and the torque of one thousand screaming Indy Honda V-8 racing engines could not pry the information from me.

I am a tease!

However, whatever is in plain sight and clearly visible to the general public's naked eye who are equipped with bronze badges and Kodak Instamatic cameras is fair game as far as I'm concerned!

I have heard talk, here and elsewhere, about Teamster Penske's super-secret right side pod air inlet covering devices which give them unfair advantage and make their cars go eleventy billion miles an hour and are cheating the rules.

I don't know too much about all that, but I have seen some subtle differences between the racing machines of labor's friend Ryan Briscoe and the mount of Teamster Penske company man Helio Castroneves.

Compare and contrast the following images, and maybe you will see what I have seen because I pay attention to details and stuff.

Briscoe's Sled


Helio's Sled

I am a spy and a sneak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.