Monday, May 5, 2008

Part 7-My 2008 Magnificent Colossal Indy 500 Photo Blog Thing: I Am Sorry

I owe all of you an apology. I have been a recalcitrant malingerer in my duties as unofficial chief muckety-muck Indy 500 blogger guy.

I did not go to The Indianapolis Motor Speedway today. I have failed you, and for that I am regretful.

I will now tell you why I didn't attend today's activities track side.

My youngest son had his tonsils removed recently. As evidence of this fact, I present to you this gnarly image.

Gnarly Image

One would think that a modern and well-equipped American hospital would possess something a little more better than a Polaroid camera. Apparently not...

I told my son I could perform this delicate surgery in the garage, as I am the proud owner of an awesome set of tools and some X-Acto knives, and therefore save the family countless millions in medical expenses.

He would have none of it, and insisted on a real and clean medical facility.

What an ingrate!

Anyhoo...I stayed home with him today to ensure he didn't bleed out and that he was comfortable and well-stocked with frozen chocolate flavored dairy products.

One should never abandon one's ambulatory child in order to attend events at IMS.

It would be neither prudent nor proper.

I am a good dad.

See you track side tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.