Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Part 9-My 2008 Magnificent Colossal Indy 500 Photo Blog Thing: G.C. Rahal and Martin Roth

Today was a gorgeous day at IMS. I stood on the catwalk in turn one and took spy photos and met and talked with a knowledgeable racing enthusiast known worldwide as ovalfan01.

Together, we pretty much had this racin' thing all figured out. However, we did see a couple of guys who don't seem to have Indy all figured out.


I saw the above racing unit, piloted by GrahamCracker Rahal, bobble BIG-TIME exiting Turn One.

Bobble is a term real racers use when they almost make a wrong mistake at Indy and almost visit the dreaded Hurt Locker and have to take a break because they have more than likely soiled themselves.

G.C. Rahal seems to be experimenting with his lines going through Turn One. Experimenting at 225 mph can be hazardous to one's health at Indy.

If I was G.C., I'd be going down to Daddy's garage and get a few pointers. G.C.'s old man, Booby, had this oval/Indy thing down back in the day.

Now would be a good time to ask questions, young man.


Another guy having trouble sorting out Indy and his car appears to be Martin Roth. He looks very herky jerky going through turn one...almost as if he is making unsmooth steering inputs, or something.

But then again, what the hell do I know? I might have had sunscreen in my eyes causing my visions to be blurred.

Maybe.

Perhaps his car is junk. Who's to say?

I thought for sure he was going to wall it, but, luckily, he didn't.

I really do not want to see Mr. Roth die.

I bet Al Unser Jr. would like to drive Martin's car.

I would like Little Al to drive Martin's car too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.