Monday, September 20, 2021

1981 Sears Free Spirit Rescued From The Scrapper's Trailer


 



















 


Some of you might be saying, "Zoomie!  What's this shit?  We want guns and subversive political talk!"

Guns and cars are too expensive to play with, and politics is a fool's errand, so I've taken to restoring old bikes and sometimes giving them away afterwards.

I'm tired of all the bullshit in this fucked up country, and I need to do something that brings me peace.

The last couple of years have sucked.  

Deaths in the family...

I had the Rona, allegedly, but I've had hangovers that were worse.  The politics and the horseshit that went along with it were far more of a pain in the ass than the sickness.  I had to quit a job with no notice because of all the covid shenanigans.

I refuse to get jabbed as I watch most of my extended family do it.

So...this bike silliness is what I've been doing.

Youngest son is getting married in a few weeks.  So that's a bright light for us.

Otherwise, all is as good as can be expected.  Just chugging along.

2 comments:

  1. I am happy to see that you've posted again. Keep restoring bikes and posting it. A well-loved and restored bike from 1981 is more a treasure than a "new" imported from china bike and will be loved by whomever you grant it to.
    I've followed your stuff for years, and Zoomie's world always brings a smile to my face, or at least a roll of my eyes. I've also had to find those things that bring me peace. Traditional wood work and trying to learn to use my dad's machine tools are at the fore front right now.
    Pass my congrats to your son, as little as they mean coming for a complete stranger, marriage is a pretty good thing.
    -Just A Chemist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey buddy! Nice to hear from you! I saw that your father died. I’m so sorry. My condolences. Glad you got to take him to the range one last time.

      Delete

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.