I heard about this story on the news today.
SkyNet goon should remember my offspring.
One son is a Purdue computer engineer.
Another son is a Purdue systems installer/operator/troubleshooter dude. (that's technical lingo, TYVM)
Daughter-in-law is also a Purdue IT guru, I think doing the same or similar thing.
Hail Purdue!
Also keep in mind my older brother.
He was a "computer operator back when 200mb hard drives were as big as washing machines."
He then moved into programming.
Then he became a systems analyst.
He was also a senior Oracle developer.
My uncle was a commissioned Army intelligence officer during the Vietnam war, and served in-country interpreting aerial recon photos for ground target acquisition.
He later went to IBM, back when magnetic tape and punch cards were the rage, and did sales/support for them.
Uncle later worked with a friend at an IT consulting firm.
He is still alive.
You have been warned, SkyNet Ai scum!
Now, some of you might be saying, "Zoomie! Three generations of geniuses! All of that and...WTF happened to you? You get dropped on your head as a baby?"
Yes, I'm the dumb one in the family.
###
My Utah son and his longtime girlfriend were home for a visit about a month ago.
She's a peach.
Her father is from Belgium, and I bet she gets tired of me talking about how Belgium used to be a short-cut for angry Germans as they traveled to and from France back in olden times.
I asked her how all that went for her father and his family back then.
Apparently, not so good.
If the angry Germans weren't blowing Belgium to pieces whilst on holiday, the Allies were in order to save it.
Anyhoo...She also works with my son in IT at a company that does a lot of classified military shit.
He writes the code, and she tests it.
How cozy.
During a meal, she was trying to explain her job to me and some of the aspects of it that frustrate her.
Not that what she was saying was boring, but it was like a calculus problem to me.
I could feel my eye glaze over and my brain start to ooze outta my ears.
When she finished her story, I said, "I fix systems also. I repaired a leaking kitchen sink drain last week!"
No comments:
Post a Comment
Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.
Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.
Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.
Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.
To know me is to love me.
Or something.
Maybe.