Sunday, November 7, 2021

Mucking About With The Pure Fix

Yes. I did it.

The destructive kid (and his parents) a few doors down donated some parts.
A couple of ragged out kid-sized department store BMX rigs. One that looked like it got run over by mom's minivan, and the other that appeared to have been dragged from the river.
I scrounged the handlebars, amongst other things, then did the unthinkable.
Spray bombed a disgusting neon green set into a gaudy gloss banner red set, and bolted them onto my fixie!
The BMX bars are the same width as the straight bars, so why not try it?
Sacrilege? I think not. I also added a set of rear brakes.

It pleases my eye to gaze upon it.
The bike fits me now and is very comfortable.

Before:






After:


And no, I do not ride it fixed.
I am old and not nearly cool enough.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.