Monday, May 5, 2008

Part 5-My 2008 Magnificent Colossal Indy 500 Photo Blog Thing: Turd In The Punchbowl

The following was submitted to me, regarding this image I posted, for my comment.

The Fake


...Why do you go around taking pictures of that ****? You do realize the earl sucks, don't you? And that the fi-hunnerd is a pale imitation of the real thing.

The statement on there speaks volumes, and it's one of the (many, very many) things wrong about that ******* abomination. *** doesn't want a viable series, he always hated that about CART. Now he has his ****** imitation leeg. What a ******* fraud. Only a complete idiot could think that **** is racing.

I do hope SMI and ISC look at that and realize just what a ******* assclown they are dealing with. Given their history though, that's somewhat doubtful.

Anyone get gratered yet today?

First of all, the image I initially posted is NOT the original, unmolested item. It is a promotional item IMS gives away, which I cleverly PhotoShopped in an attempt to be humorous and to try to show what the Indy 500 means to me.

This is the original item in question...untouched by my hands...except for the holes in it where I punched the badge pins through.

The Original


If you look closely, you will see many differences. Not only is the wording different, but I also PhotoShopped in an image of my Bronze Badge, which is also expertly PhotoShopped.

One can read a double meaning into my 'Shopped image if one wants. It's a free country.

I've always thought elements of truth make for the most effective comedy. Your mileage may vary.

Satire. Catch it.

Now then, on to why do I do this?

1. Because it's fun.
2. Because some people seem to enjoy it.
3. Because it helps me to feel a little closer to my late father, who I loved.
4. Because...
5. The owners and operators of open wheeled racing and their facilities are allowed to do whatever they want with it. I am powerless to make them do what I want. It is what it is. I see no point in denigrating others' enjoyment of whatever it is that trips others' triggers.

I hope this explains things more better. If not, I am sorry.

And, no, thankfully...nobody got up into the catch fencing yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.