Thursday, May 15, 2008

Part 34- My 2008 Magnificent Colossal Indy 500 Photo Blog Thing: Ed And Margo...

Today was a cold and blustery, but dry day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The early practice sessions were very busy with many fast and real and shiny Indy racing units on track at the same time.

One particular practice episode made me stand up and go, "WHOA!"

This episode involved Ed Carpantier and Margo Andretti, whose racers I show to you here now in image form.



Margo and Ed darn near took each other out entering Turn One side-by-side.

Neither seemed to want to lift or give up the corner, and I thought I was going to see a heinous racing incident right in front of me.

Luckily, I did not witness the collision and subsequent destruction of these two machines, because both drivers managed to negotiate the turn successfully due to their great skills.

Guys...it's just practice. Save your anger and rage and aggression for race day.

Margo's car is all dolled up like a movie poster to celebrate the release of Indiana Choner and the Glass Head, or something like that.

I will not go to the theater to see this movie. I bet it is bad cinema, and life is too short for bad cinema.

Margo's fire suit is funky, with sewn in pistol holsters and whips, and it is mostly a brownish color reminiscent of solid waste products.

I don't think real Indy racing fire suits should resemble heavily armed wild west costumes, nor should they be poop brown.

Maybe it's just me, but I think Margo probably agrees with me. Whenever I see him in that getup, he has a sheepish and embarrassed look on his face...kinda like that kid in A Christmas Story who had to wear his aunt's home made pink bunny rabbit pajamas.


Margo needs to have a chat with his boss/dad and get a suitable driving uniform.

I mean, if he's going to be an Indy hot shoe and future legend, he can't be wearing goofy looking protective gear.

Tony Bettenhausen didn't.

Rumbedrome Photo


Troy Ruttman didn't.


Neither should Margo Andretti.

That's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.