Thursday, May 20, 2010

Part 11- My Humongous Astronomical 2010 Indy 500 Blog Mess: Takuma Sato

Takuma Sato is a new rookie at Indy this year.

Welcome nOOb! Nice to see you! We are all happy to make your acquaintance!

Takuma hails from Japan, and he is relatively familiar with fast and shiny racing machines seeing as he drove Formula One sleds in the past.


I’m guessing he got fed up and bored with Bernie Eccelstone’s bullshit, and decided to try his hand at real Indy racing for a change of pace.

I commend him for his actions, because most F1 drivers readily admit that they don’t have the balls to try Indy because it’s difficult and scary…what with those hard walls just inches away threatening to turn one into smoldering vaporized ruins at the first hint of a wrong mistake.


Mr. Sato has set up shop with Jimmy Vasser and company, and has come along quite nicely on the ovals, even though fellow countryman Hideki Mutoh banzai-ed his ass into the fence at Kansas a while back.


I’m gonna assume that Takuma kicked the ever loving dog shit outta Hideki for that little maneuver after the race.

I bet throwing stars were involved too.

Maybe.


Anyhoo…Takuma’s racing unit is all decked out in a vintage throw-up livery reminiscent of Jim Clark’s Lotusseessessess from back in the olden times.



Some might say it is a travesty or a crime against humanity and the racing gods to sport such a paint job.

Not me, though.


I can’t help but like it, and it’s pretty cool, and it’s green, but it is not now, nor will it ever be, a Lotus/Ford.

No.


It will still always be a Honda/Dallara/Firestone.

And for that I am sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.