Thursday, May 14, 2009

Part 15- My Fantastic Supreme 2009 Indy 500 Photo Diary Blog Type Thang: Media Legends At Indy

The Indy 500 always brings out the bestest broadcast and print journalism legends anywhere.

This fact cannot be denied.

I thought it would be nice to show them hard at work at Indy covering all the action with their hard-hitting and in-depth interviews and stuff.

Here we see Gary Lee fixin’ to interview 2-time Indy 500 champ Arie Lippback.*


Gary asked Arie about his record setting 237mph lap he did back in olden times.

I bet Gary asked Arie, “How’d it feel?”

Broadcast legends always ask that question.

Anyhoo…Arie said something like, “I don’t remember. That was a long time ago.”

I don’t think Arie really wanted to be interviewed and asked the same dumb questions he’s asked at Indy every year.

If you look closely, the expression on Arie’s face seems to express this sentiment.

Arie is old and grouchy.

Maybe.

Sorta.

*Way back a long time ago, one of my best racin’ buddies had a great girlfriend, but she didn’t know a lot about racing. She didn’t know how to pronounce Arie Luyendyk’s last name, and one time in a semi-drunken state she pronounced it as “Lippback.” She never lived it down, and the rest is history.


__________



Next, we have Jammy Billson** being interviewed by a local CBS affiliated legend whose name is unknown to me.


Jammy said something nice about one of his weight-loss supplement sponsors, and suggested that, real soon, he’s gonna start using some of their products so that he can lose some of the substantial blubber which can be found on his person.

Jammy doesn’t look all that outta shape to me, but, then again, I didn’t eye-ball him real close like I did the following female version of a broadcast legend…

**When my oldest son was but a wee lad and just learning to talk, we watched a lot of open wheel racing together on TV because I am a good dad. This was at the time when Jimmy Vasser and Alex Zanardi were teammates with Target/Chip Ganassi. They both were winning just about everything out there at the time. My little boy couldn’t say “Jimmy Vasser.” It came out as “Jammy Billson.” I beat him severely until he pronounced it correctly. I thought you should know.


__________



This is IndyCar Inc., LLC, television-interviewing legend Lauren Bohlander conducting a riveting interview with EJ Viso.


The two of them make a cute couple. I sensed a certain kind of connection between these two.

She is a vision, and I bet EJ would like to date her.

If EJ dates Lauren, the next interviewer should ask him the age-old Indy interviewer question, “EJ…How’d it feel?”

Pretty good, I’m guessing.

That’s what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.