Friday, May 15, 2009

Part 16- My Fantastic Supreme 2009 Indy 500 Photo Diary Blog Type Thang: Old Crap At Indy

If you have been paying attention the last few years, many of you may have noticed that I like old shit.

Cars, airplanes, buildings, bridges…

I appreciate history.

In the garage area, there is a small parking lot reserved for the motorcycles belonging to teams and their crews.

Usually, one only sees modern-day rice-burning crotch rockets, rumbling Harleys, and fancy schmancy European imports.

Here’s something I saw which was a little out of the ordinary that caught my eye.

This is an old BMW motorcycle of 1950’s vintage, and it is cool too!


If you look closely, you will see it is a 2-cylinder opposed engine, with shaft drive and a carburetor that one can adjust if one wants to.


It was manufactured in Munchen, which is German for Munich, in case you were not aware.

I didn’t get a chance to hear it run, but I bet it runs smoothly and efficiently, because it was built in Germany, and Germans will put up with no shenanigans when it comes to their machinery.

Probably.

This next motorcycle is what is known as a Moto-Guzzi. It is from Italy.


After some quick intardnet research, I’ve concluded this Moto-Guzzi is a V7 Ambassador model of late 1960’s vintage.

I could be wrong, though. It has happened before.

Anyhoo...this Moto-Guzzi is cool. That fact cannot be argued.

Please note that this Moto-Guzzi has a sidecar attached. Sidecars are cool because one can fill them with cold beer or hawt chicks or a good dog and still have room to trail a guest on the back seat thingy.

This Moto-Guzzi appears to be in original un-restored condition.


Also, it is leaking oil onto the ground. That’s cool because that means it needs to be worked on, like most Italian-made things, and it doesn’t get any more cooler than to be turning wrenches on a classic Italian motorcycle.

That’s what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment away with your bad-ass selves.

Cursing and foul language is fine...even encouraged here. In fact, I think cussing is fucking wonderful.

Just remember...this is MY house, and I will not be insulted or maliciously messed with here.

Good-natured ribbing is cool, but if you and I don't have some kind of previous relationship, you had best mind your fucking manners or I will relegate you to the intardnets dustbin for being a cunt.

To know me is to love me.

Or something.

Maybe.